There is no dearth of things to do in Massachusetts, but if you want to explore an offbeat region, Western Mass is a good place to start. From the Big E fair, which happens in the northeast, to Greater Springfield Convention & Visitor, there is something for everyone. We have put together a list that may come in handy for your travel plans.
- Eric Carle Museum. For the unversed, this is a museum that’s dedicated to picture book art for children, although adults are likely to like it as much. You can even take a shot at illustrating, which is quite a fun experience.
- Historic Deerfield. Counted among the best places to explore in Western Mass, Historic Deerfield allows visitors to explore the colonial era of Massachusetts in the most happening and educative ways.
- Six Flags New England. You can head here for a good mix of thrills. Six Flags New England has some great rides and attractions, and is among the best in New England. Hurricane Harbor, which is a waterpark, is one of the largest in the region.
- Gambling at MGM Springfield Casino. The MGM Springfield Casino doesn’t need an introduction, and you can take part in a wide range of gambling activities. There are also golf simulators, and you may even a pick a souvenir or two from the shops.
- Yankee Candle and Kringle Candle Company. If you are a fan of candles and scents, you should check both Yankee Candle and Kringle Candle Company, which offer a wide range of options. Shopping is also possible at the Holyoke Mall, where you can find numerous retail brands.
- New England Peace Pagoda. Located in Leverett, New England Peace Pagoda is a great place to experience the local community. The famed Pagoda contains a relic of Buddha, and people of all faiths are welcome. The place is open all through the year, so don’t have to be fixed with your plans.
- Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary. If you want to get away for an escape, Arcadia is a good pick. The evergreen forests of the area are worth exploring and spans across 724 acres, and you may spot some wildlife species too.
Western Mass has everything for a perfect vacation, and the locals here friendly, warm and more than willing to help. Check online now for tickets and stay options and plan your vacation now. We promise this would be more than just another Massachusetts trip.